A new interpretation of the classic dish “stuffed quail” from the Ticino – the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. A few ingredients make the difference to experience this Ticinese specialty. Buon appetito!
1. wrap each quail portion in a half-slice of ham
2. bring chicken broth to a boil in a wide pan
3. add wrapped quail portions, sage leaves, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for approx. 15 minutes. Remove quail portions with a perforated spoon, cover and keep warm. Reduce broth over high heat for approx. 5 minutes
4. adjust seasoning, remove pan from heat
5. gradually whisk butter into stock. Keep removing pan from heat and then returning it briefly, so that the sauce warms through very gently. It must not boil. Continue whisking until sauce is creamy.
To serve: put quail Saltimbocca and a little sauce onto plates. Serve remaining sauce separately.