Submitted on Mon, 26-May-2014
Sole in white wine with mussels and Flemish grey shrimps.
- Arrange the ready-to-cook soles in a large greased oven dish
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with lemon juice and white wine
- Add the bouquet garni and cover with a greased sheet of kitchen paper
- Poach until done in a medium hot oven. Keep warm when cooked
- Meanwhile cook the mussels and remove them from their shells
- Remove the fish from the oven dish and sieved the cooking liquid from the oven dish
- Pour the sieved cooking liquid from the oven and the cooking liquid from the mussels into a small pan. Add the cream
- Bring to the boil and allow to thicken
- Beat the egg yolk in some lemon juice
- Add the mussels and shrimps and thicken further by adding the egg yolk
- Remove from the hob and stir in some knobs of ice-cold butter
- Arrange the warm soles on hot plates and cover in the sauce
- Serve with mashed potato.